[ASA] Optical Data Centre: multi-wavelength tools

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 10:05:00 AEDT 2021

We are pleased to announce a new phase in the Optical Data Centre (ODC) project!

One of the key goals of the ODC is to build tools for the multi-wavelength investigation of a range of objects. We have developed a series of examples that use Virtual Observatory standards to bring together optical and radio imaging. Here are few examples<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/SRmOCq71mwf8OjLJztZGlHc?domain=docs.datacentral.org.au> which compare DSS R-band images with SUMSS 843MHz and RACS 888MHz data.

ESO 65-1
[cid:FC7E74D0-19E1-42D5-A3C7-7826143A51E7]

NGC 5189
[cid:9E8831A3-8FFD-4DC6-8ED9-DA410073FACD]

NGC 6337
[cid:8E3D26BF-EE86-40F6-9075-11D33BE3D310]

You can find more of our Virtual Observatory examples here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/mm9fCr81nyt8Alw41tzmzO_?domain=docs.datacentral.org.au

We are also currently working on a system that uses the power of the Virtual Observatory to bring together multi-wavelength imaging and catalogues in a simple interface; this is in the early phase of testing, and we hope to share it with you soon!

Wondering what the Virtual Observatory is? Have a look at our primer here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hdiuCvl1rKi7WzOr2uzenG2?domain=docs.datacentral.org.au

Optical Data Centre (ODC) is a collaboration between AAO-Macquarie University, Australian National University and NCI. It is funded under the Astronomy National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) Program via Astronomy Australia Ltd (AAL).

Thanks,
Simon