[ASA] Reminder (last day): ESO Users Committee Annual Poll

Caroline Foster caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au
Fri Mar 19 08:03:42 AEDT 2021

On 4 Mar 2021, at 7:53 am, Caroline Foster <caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au>> wrote:

Good morning fellow astronomers,

Please forward this email to all interested parties within your institute. It is important that we gather as much feedback as possible so I can accurately represent our Australian community in my annual report to ESO and at the Users Committee meeting in April.

The UC represents ESO’s astronomical community forming a direct link between the users and ESO. On an annual basis we ask users for feedback through our User Committee Poll : https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/J6v-C4QOPEiBJJ3YGtOjP_K?domain=eso.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/J6v-C4QOPEiBJJ3YGtOjP_K?domain=eso.org>

This year there is a special focus on VLT-Interferometry. The poll is open until Friday March 19th 2021.

[ If you experience a timeout problem when filling in the poll, please empty the cache of your browser. This is a well-known cookie problem from LimeSurvey. ]
It is an anonymous survey, and the answers will be only seen by the UC members who will use them as input for discussions during the annual meeting of the UC and ESO scheduled in April.

During the UC meeting updates from ESO and feedback from the user community are exchanged and openly discussed. The meeting webpage [https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qEV0C5QPXJiZ004gOFO7lLc?domain=eso.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qEV0C5QPXJiZ004gOFO7lLc?domain=eso.org>] includes a record of the last meeting with recommendations that will be discussed.

The User Committee acts as an advisory body to the ESO Director General on matters related to the performance, scientific access, operation and user interfaces to the La Silla Paranal Observatory and ALMA. The UC welcomes opinions and suggestions from the community either through direct contact with the UC members [https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EWhiC6XQ4Lfroo8VxImEf-a?domain=eso.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EWhiC6XQ4Lfroo8VxImEf-a?domain=eso.org>] or through the responses via the survey.

Clear skies!

Caroline
—
Dr Caroline Foster
ASTRO3D Fellow & ESO Users Committee Representative
Pronouns: she/her/hers
The University of Sydney
Faculty of Science, Sydney Institute for Astrophysics

360B, A28 | The University of Sydney | NSW |
+61 286 276 411 | +61 430 453 532
caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au>|www.carofoster.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/rLlxC71R2NTAmmoE9UNUZP_?domain=carofoster.com>

Usual office days: I am at the office most Thursdays. Otherwise, I work flexibly part-time 3 days over the week, mostly from home and/or the AAO.

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which I live (Darug people / Darug nation)
and work (Gadigal people /Eora nation) and pay my respect to Elders past, present and future.

INSPIRED – the Campaign to support the University of Sydney
sydney.edu.au/inspired<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/IAqlC81V0PT6jjLOxCoTk1e?domain=sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this email if necessary.