[ASA] Public Consultation Event: Space Science Strategic Plan

Jirana Boontanjai Jirana.Boontanjai at science.org.au
Fri Jan 29 15:58:49 AEDT 2021

Dear  All,

You may already know or have contributed to the new strategic plan for Australian space science under development on behalf of the Australian Academy of Science, Australia's Future in Space<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/S9wEC5QPXJimgr1BUz8YuI?domain=science.org.au>. This has been informed by several expert working groups, surveys, and solicited consultation. The working group are now ready to release for public consultation a summary of the draft Plan<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/l8X6C6XQ4Lf2V4J5i64zfc?domain=science.org.au> with the full draft to be released at a later date for review.

We would like you to be aware of an upcoming consultation opportunity where we look forward to receiving more constructive feedback and queries from the wider community. All are invited to attend and express their opinions.

Public town hall consultation<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/fF81C71R2NT5EBYDfBNBOG?domain=science.org.au>: 2nd of February 2021, 14:00 AEDT via Zoom webinar.

Join Emeritus Professor Fred Menk, Chair of the National Committee for Space and Radio Science and two members of the expert working group, Imogen Rea and Professor Phil Bland as they discuss the strategic direction of the plan and answer your questions.

During this session there will be an opportunity to provide comment and questions to members of the expert working group through the Q&A interface. Alternatively, you can send your questions through to nc at science.org.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/_vRZC81V0PTVOygoiMeEUr?domain=science.org.au> or through your registration<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/U482C91WPRTyRwjGSPbxA9?domain=us02web.zoom.us> prior to the event.

For more information and to register, click here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/fF81C71R2NT5EBYDfBNBOG?domain=science.org.au>. If you're unable to attend, your feedback is still welcome via our online form<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/IEo-C0YKPviOJAz1U37amU?domain=science.org.au>.

We ask and encourage you to share this event with your networks whether by forwarding this email, on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/the-australian-academy-of-science_the-sky-is-not-the-limit-australias-future-activity-6760655381187432448-7x5S> or Twitter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/P2dMCgZ0N1iXPzJMFZ3vBc?domain=twitter.com>. Please note, those of you subscribed to our space newsletter<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/CaTGCjZ1N7iLlx0WhxEjru?domain=science.org.au> will be receiving another email shortly about the same topic, our apologies for the multiple emails.

Kind regards,

(On behalf of the National Committee for Space and Radio Science)

Jirana Boontanjai.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6F656.6C56DA60]
Jirana Boontanjai (she/her) Science Projects Officer - National Committees for Science | International Programs (Part-time hours: 8-midday weekdays)
Australian Academy of Science  Ian Potter House, 9 Gordon Street, Acton ACT 2601  |  GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601
W (02) 6201 9439 F (02) 6201 9494  E jirana.boontanjai at science.org.au<mailto:jirana.boontanjai at science.org.au>  www.science.org.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/JveICk81N9tVYJvxi0MDT-?domain=science.org.au>   [cid:image002.jpg at 01D6F656.6C56DA60] <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/gPedClx1NjiJOYlQCNdrB_?domain=twitter.com>    [cid:image003.jpg at 01D6F656.6C56DA60] <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/5zH1CmO5gluw1QqOSwHzo_?domain=facebook.com>
The Australian Academy of Science acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional owners of the land on which the Academy is located,the Ngunnawal people, and to their elders, past and present.
[cid:image004.png at 01D6F656.6C56DA60]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/uHJUCnx1jni0lRV8hzUMjL?domain=science.org.au>
Disclaimer: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information, which also may be legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete.