[ASA] ANITA workshop and summer school update

Ilya Mandel ilya.mandel at monash.edu
Thu Nov 26 10:14:54 AEDT 2020

Dear colleagues:

I am writing with an update on the 2021 ANITA (Australian National Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics) workshop and summer school.

We had originally planned to host the ANITA workshop and summer school at Macquarie University / AAO in Sydney in February.  However, due to ongoing uncertainty and travel & meeting restrictions, the ANITA steering committee, in consultation with the local organising committee, decided to opt for an online-only workshop this year.

The ANITA workshop will be held over zoom starting the week of 8 February, 2021.  To avoid zoom poisoning, we will hold the workshop over multiple two-hour sessions, running Monday noon — 2 PM AEDT and Friday noon — 2 PM AEDT over several consecutive weeks (the exact number of sessions to be determined based on the number of talk submissions).  As always, early career researchers are particularly encouraged to contribute talks.  We will open up registration shortly and communicate that in a separate message, but please add the workshop to your calendars in the meantime.

We will hold the ANITA school on the topic of Green Computing (software optimisation, etc.) at a later date.  We hope to be able to host an in-person school if possible, but there will be an opportunity to participate online-only.

On behalf of the ANITA steering committee,
Ilya

===
Ilya Mandel
Professor of Theoretical Astrophysics