[ASA] AAO Data Central Science Advisory Committee

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at mq.edu.au
Thu Jul 2 13:05:19 AEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

   I would like to flag with you that Data Central will shortly be running a community survey to assess a variety of aspects of its services, and identify areas for additional development, improvement and more. Stay tuned for more information about that.

Before that gets underway though, I would like to inform the community that Data Central has a Science Advisory Committee (membership listed below), which exists to provide feedback and strategic guidance to the Data Central team. The upcoming meeting of the Science Advisory Committee will be held on 20 July, before the full analysis of the survey feedback is able to be compiled, so this is a direct request for any community input that people would like to have us consider at that meeting.

If you have issues, concerns, requests or recommendations to raise with ADC, please contact me by email by 16 July, and the SAC will consider those points among its advice to ADC.

ADC SAC membership:
Tamara Davis (UQ)
Simon Driver (ICRAR/UWA)
Andrew Hopkins (AAO-MQ, Chair)
Natasha Hurley-Walker (ICRAR/Curtin)
Amanda Karakas (Monash)
Fiona Panther (UWA)
Chris Wolf (RSAA/ANU)

Best regards,
Andrew Hopkins
—
Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Professor of Astronomy
Australian Astronomical Optics, Macquarie University
105 Delhi Rd, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
+61 2 9372 4849