[ASA] NVIDIA/ADACS CUDA Advanced Workshop July 14-16 (online) - register your interest

Jarrod Hurley jhurley at swin.edu.au
Wed Jun 17 16:07:24 AEST 2020

CUDA Advanced Workshop July 14-16 (online)

Dear All,

NVIDIA and Astronomy Data and Computing Services (ADACS) are pleased to announce an upcoming CUDA Advanced Workshop that will be available to all members of the national astronomy community during the week starting July 13th 2020. The workshop will be delivered online over multiple days - most likely three sessions of three hours (with break) spread across July 14-16.

At this point we are asking for anyone interested to pre-register by forwarding this email to nvidia at adacs.org.au. We will then poll all pre-registered participants closer to the date to determine a consensus for the best time-slot each day.

Topics to be covered include:

  *   GPU architecture deep dive and execution model
  *   CUDA - new features and beyond (including CUDA11)
  *   CUDA - unified memory architecture
  *   Reduced precision computation using tensor cores
  *   Libraries update - cuTensor, cuSparse, cuBLAS
  *   Profiling tools - Nsight System and Nsight Compute
  *   Best practices when benchmarking CUDA applications
  *   OpenACC - new features and beyond
  *   GPU Direct, NCCL Library, CUDA-Aware MPI
  *   Multi-GPU programming with OpenACC

noting that we will also provide pre-registered participants with an opportunity to shape the topic list and will leave time in the final session to respond to feedback arising from the earlier sessions.

The workshop will be delivered by Dr. Gabriel Noaje, Senior Solutions Architect at NVIDIA APAC South. Gabriel has more than 10 years of experience in accelerator technologies and parallel computing.

All the best,
Jarrod Hurley, ADACS

ADACS is funded under the Astronomy National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) Program via Astronomy Australia Ltd (AAL).