[ASA] Australia Day Honours

Cathryn Trott Cathryn.Trott at curtin.edu.au
Mon Jan 27 16:40:51 AEDT 2020

Dear ASA Members,

I hope you will join me in congratulating Professor Rachel Webster AO FAA, from the University of Melbourne, for being awarded as an Officer of the Order of Australia in this year's Australia Day Honours.

Rachel was awarded "For distinguished service to education in the field of astrophysics, to astronomical
research, and to young women scientists."

Rachel has been a long supporter of the ASA, of astronomy in Australia, and women in science, and has made major impacts in many diverse fields of astronomy. She has also trained and mentored many of today's research leaders. I am particularly proud because Rachel was my PhD supervisor and has been a mentor to me for 20 years.

Regards,
Cathryn

Cathryn Trott

Associate Professor
ARC Future Fellow

President, Astronomical Society of Australia

ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3D (ASTRO 3D)

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au