[ASA] LSST at Europe 4 - registration open!
s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 21 09:12:09 AEDT 2020
LSST at Europe4
Shaping the European Contribution to LSST
Rome, Italy | 8 —12 June 2020
This conference follows the very successful LSST at Europe1 (Cambridge), 2 (Belgrade) and 3 (Lyon) workshops organized in 2013, 2016 and 2018 to foster the European participation in the LSST project, as well as the analogous LSST at ASIA organized in 2019 by and for the Asian, Australian and African communities.
The LSST project is moving forward in the construction phase, and activities in the LSST Science Collaborations are vibrant and involve a significant European participation.
The recent adoption of an “in-kind” contribution to regulate the access of International participants to the LSST data clearly represents a major paradigm shift for the participation of the European astronomical community, with existing agreements that need to be re-negotiated by mid-2021.
The LSST at Europe4 conference, right in the middle of this path, provides the community with a perfect opportunity to discuss proposals and plans.
In this framework, the main objectives of LSST at Europe4 are to:
- provide an update of the status of the LSST Project;
- foster and promote the participation of European scientists to the activities of the Science Collaborations;
- discuss opportunities and proposals to help European participants shape the “in-kind” contributions for the development of the LSST project;
- discuss potential common initiatives at the European level to support the participation of European scientists to LSST;
- provide an update description of the LSST data products of different levels;
- discuss the LSST science drivers: current perspectives and future developments;
- explore synergies with other facilities, with a special emphasis on the European ones.
The conference is organised by INAF, the LSST Corporation, Accademia dei Lincei and La Società Astronomica Italiana.
It will be hosted by the prestigious Accademia dei Lincei, conveniently located in the very center of Rome between St. Peter and the historical centre.
Scientific and logistical information is available on the website https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BhXgCq7BKYtM2vylCZOPIi?domain=lssteurope4.eu
Please note that registration is open with deadline March 15, 2020
Looking forward to meeting you in Rome,
For further contacts: loc at lssteurope4.eu<mailto:loc at lssteurope4.eu>
INAF Osservatorio Astronomico di Roma
Head of INAF Division for Optical-IR Astronomy
LBT Corporation - Tucson
Tel +39 06 942 864 56
Skype account: AdrianoFontana
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA