[ASA] JWST Master Class: Melbourne

Themiya Nanayakkara nanayakkara at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Nov 19 19:19:39 AEDT 2019

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

As preparation for the JWST Cycle 1 call for proposals, to be released 23rd Jan with deadline 1st May 2020, we are organising a workshop aimed at researchers based in Australia/New Zealand to familiarise with JWST observing modes and proposal planning tools.

JWST proposing will require detailed knowledge of these tools, as unlike HST the JWST proposals will need to include a fully developed ‘Phase 2’ observing plan. The workshop will be held in Melbourne at Swinburne University from 16-18 March 2020 and will be delivered by Australian researchers trained at NASA/ESA JWST Master Classes for this purpose.

More information about the workshop and the registration details can be found here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3MonCVAGXPtr1A0DIGIVeG?domain=astronomy.swin.edu.au <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3MonCVAGXPtr1A0DIGIVeG?domain=astronomy.swin.edu.au>

Please register your interest by 6th December 2019. The workshop will be limited to 20 participants and if the interest is larger than that we will select participants from a variety of institutes who could act as institute representatives to dissipate the knowledge. Additionally, we will also provide opportunities for online participation via zoom for those who are interested but cannot attend. We are actively seeking sponsors so hope to have some financial support for travel for some participants.

Thanks,

Themiya Nanayakkara and Karl Glazebrook.

Themiya Nanayakkara,
Postdoctoral Researcher,
Leiden Observatory,
Niels Bohrweg 2, 2333 CA,