[ASA] Call for 2.3m Proposals

Paul Francis Paul.Francis at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 28 11:48:40 AEDT 2019

Dear Observer, The closing date for observing proposals for time on the ANU/RSAA 2.3m telescope at Siding Spring Observatory (SSO) in the quarter 1st February 2020 - 30th April 2020 is 23:59 November 15, 2019. Instruments available: Nasymth A: WiFeS Nasymth B: Imager or Echelle. Observing proposals must be submitted electronically via the RSAA web pages. Full instructions are available at http://rsaa.anu.edu.au/observers/observing-rsaa. *************************** PLEASE NOTE *********************************** The ANU 2.3-metre telescope at Siding Spring Observatory is scientifically productive and a valuable resource for student training and instrument development. These diverse and significant benefits justify its continued operation for the foreseeable future. The full cost to the ANU Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics (RSAA) of operating the 2.3m telescope (including staff, maintenance and repairs) corresponds to approximately $1200 per night. To defray this cost, RSAA is offering priority on the 2.3m telescope to paying customers from Australia and elsewhere, while simultaneously ensuring a level of open access to astronomers at all Australian institutions. 60% of the telescope time will be allocated to paid priority proposals, which will need to contribute $600 per night towards the running costs of the telescope. The remaining 40% of the time is open-access and remains free. To be eligible to apply for open-access time, 50% or more of the proposers must be based at Australian institutions. In future years the price of a priority night will increase and the fraction of open-access nights will decrease. Full details can be found at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/khKPC5QZ29FG0V7nSzfx0l?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au The latest information on using the telescope and its instruments can be found at http://https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/2P_7C6X13RtKonv3S6rABy?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au *************************************************************************** If you have questions or technical problems in using the web-based submission process, please email tacinfo at mso.anu.edu.au<mailto:tacinfo at mso.anu.edu.au>. Paul Francis Chair, ANU TAC

Prof. Paul Francis
Astrophysicist, ANU Distinguished Educator
Physics Education Centre and Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
College of Science
The Australian National University
Building 38a, Science Road
Acton, ACT 2601, Australia
Tel 02 6125 2824

CRICOS Provider #00120C

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.sydney.edu.au/pipermail/asa/attachments/20191028/047b132f/attachment.html>

More information about the ASA mailing list