[ASA] Conference announcement: Stars in Melbourne 2019

Bernhard Mueller bernhard.mueller at monash.edu
Mon Sep 9 15:31:33 AEST 2019

Stars in Melbourne 2019

2 - 4 December 2019, Monash University, Melbourne

Following previous events at Sydney and Canberra, we again invite theorists
and observers working in stellar astrophysics to a summer workshop to
showcase the breadth of Australian stellar astronomy. We aim to identify
areas of collaboration, and to highlight the increasing opportunities for
stellar astrophysics that come with the rise of gravitational wave
astronomy and current and future ground- and space-based instruments (Gaia,
GALAH, ESO telescopes, SONG, SKA, JWST, LSST, etc.)  We welcome
contributions from all across stellar astronomy and strive to assemble a
broad program including single- and binary-star evolution, population
synthesis and stellar dynamics, stellar abundances and nucleosynthesis,
transients, and stellar magnetism and winds. There will be an extended
discussion session to foster collaboration and identify strategic
opportunities for the Australian stellar community.

The workshop will be held in the School of Physics and Astronomy at Monash
University. There will be no registration fee. A web page with more details
is in preparation, and registration will open shortly.

We will send a second announcement as soon as the web page is online.

--The SOC

Andy Casey (Monash), Amanda Karakas (Monash), Orsola de Marco (Macquarie),
Bernhard Mueller (Monash), Ashley Ruiter (UNSW Canberra), Lorenzo Spina
(Monash)

--

Bernhard Mueller

Dr.rer.nat. Bernhard Müller

ARC Future Fellow
Monash Centre for Astrophysics
School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University
bernhard.mueller at monash.edu

Visiting Research Fellow
Astrophysics Research Centre -- Queen's University Belfast
b.mueller at qub.ac.uk

"Vers l’Orient compliqué, je volais avec des idées simples. "      de Gaulle