[ASA] Second Announcement: Astronomical Data Archives meeting, Sydney August 5-8, 2019

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 24 15:23:55 AEST 2019

This is the Second Announcement for the Astronomical Data Archives meeting, to be held on August 5-8, 2019 at AAO Macquarie in Sydney, Australia.

Registration is still open at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Ua3tCXLKZoiKPDQ2H6Yz7J?domain=bit.ly Registration is now $300AUD. We have also created a "part-time" registration fee of $150AUD, for up to two days attendance.

Industry Speakers

We are arranging presentations from relevant companies. The idea is to provoke discussion in new directions. Confirmed speakers include:

  *   Andrew Ryder (MongoDB<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/1NStCYWL1vilWp7MCGBhgL?domain=mongodb.com>)
  *   Zoe Pelbart (Amazon Web Services<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/_NDnCZYM2VFgq86lUKM0cl?domain=aws.amazon.com>)
  *   Bruce Coulthard (Xenon Systems<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/o6YlC1WZXriGAB43UXc6_Y?domain=xenon.com.au>)

Accommodation and Getting to the AAO

You can find information about accommodation close to AAO Macquarie here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kBjFC2xZYvC32ZY1U9LRuI?domain=bit.ly You will also find details about how to get to the conference venue on this page.

Meeting Themes

A reminder that we have six key themes for this workshop:

  *   Exploring different technologies for storage and querying (SQL, noSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc, what works and what doesn't)
  *   Beyond Data Storage (What services should archives offer and what do they currently?)
  *   Interoperability (incl. IVOA)
  *   Tools (incl. access control and code-to-the-data)
  *   User Interfaces and User Experience
  *   Hardware (incl. cloud vs hosted vs hybrid)

The meeting website is at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Ua3tCXLKZoiKPDQ2H6Yz7J?domain=bit.ly

Thanks and see you in Sydney in August!

Simon O'Toole

on behalf of the Organising Committee:

Elizabeth Mannering (AAO/Data Central)
Katrina Sealey (AAO/Data Central)
Lloyd Harischandra (AAO/Data Central)
Nuwanthika Fernando (AAO/Data Central)
Tom Donaldson (Space Telescope/MAST)

[Data Central]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lkM_C3Q8Z2FKg9kqHv0ZYZ?domain=datacentral.org.au>
Simon O'Toole<mailto:simon.otoole at mq.edu.au> • Senior Research Systems Engineer • Data Central Project Scientist<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lkM_C3Q8Z2FKg9kqHv0ZYZ?domain=datacentral.org.au>

datacentral.org.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lkM_C3Q8Z2FKg9kqHv0ZYZ?domain=datacentral.org.au> • Australian Astronomical Optics, Macquarie University<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VEIBC4QZ1RF529VgfjiWsD?domain=mq.edu.au>

—