[ASA] Dynamical Models of Observed Galaxies Workshop

Jesse Van de Sande jesse.vandesande at sydney.edu.au
Mon Apr 29 15:06:14 AEST 2019

Dear ASA,

We would like to advertise the Dynamical Models of Observed Galaxies workshop, to be held at the University of Sydney from June 3-7, 2019.

Thanks to a generous contribution from the Hunstead Fund for Astrophysics and the Astro3D Science Visitor Program, the Sydney Institute for Astronomy (SIfA) at the University of Sydney, will be hosting a five-day Workshop/BusyWeek from the 3rd to the 7th of June 2019 covering all aspects of dynamical models that can be applied to galaxies with observed stellar dynamical data. Dynamical models of galaxies are crucial for interpreting the wealth of recent IFS stellar kinematic measurements, but fitting these models still requires a significant amount of effort and expertise. This workshop is aimed at making dynamical fitting and modelling more accessible to the Galactic and extragalactic community.

Registration is now open on our website at:

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~sande/meeting/Dynamical_Models_of_Observed_Galaxies/Rationale.html

We invite submissions for talks and attendance on-site or remotely via zoom. The deadline for registration is the 20th of May 2019. There is no registration fee to attend the workshop

We look forward to you joining us in Sydney!

Best regards,

Jesse van de Sande
Nic Scott
Caroline Foster