[ASA] Exploiting Large surveys of the ISM

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Jan 30 15:21:15 AEDT 2019

Hi All,

We still have a few sponsored places remaining for the meeting on Exploiting Large surveys of the ISM to be held at Salt Beach (near Tweed heads) from 11th - 14th February (very soon!).

Sponsored places include accommodation, registration, morning and afternoon tea and lunches.

If anyone is interested please email maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au<mailto:maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au>. For students, it will be possible to pay for airfares for a few people.

The aims of the meeting are to:

1) To provide practical access to large, reduced ISM datasets.
2) Help people to use data analysis techniques on their own and public data.
3) Help people set up their own data reduction pipelines with expert help.
4) Allow all participants to give a short presentation about their work / data techniques / surveys.
5) Plan a set of papers that utilise both the data and the analysis techniques worked on at the meeting, and define content and roles of participants at the same time.

The datasets include the ATCA 45GHz Legacy Survey (StarFISH), the Mopra CMZ and other Mopora molecular line surveys, Parkes OH (SPLASH) and recombination line surveys, HESS data, and data from the James Clerk Maxwell Telescope (JCMT), including Scope, Planck Cold Core follow-up data, and help to access existing public surveys such as the Planck CO data.

The techniques include setting up data reduction pipelines, Principal component analysis (PCA), Radiative Transfer Code analysis, Dendrogram decomposition of data into structures and Probability Density Distribution functions.

Website: http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/~mariac/ISM2019/

Maria Cunningham, Shari Breen and Gavin Rowell

-----
Dr Maria Cunningham
Senior Lecturer
School of Physics
UNSW Sydney
Sydney NSW 2052
Australia
Ph: +61-2-9385 5662
Fax: +61-2-9385 6060
Email: maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au<mailto:maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au>
CRICOS Provider No 00098G

IMPORTANT: I am sending this message now because it suits me.  I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or action it outside of your regular working hours.