[ASA] Small workshop on Exploiting Large Radio Surveys to understand the evolution of the ISM

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Jan 10 23:44:13 AEDT 2019

Exploiting Large Radio and mm Surveys to understand the ISM:
A small practical workshop to encourage collaboration and share skills
11 - 14 Feb 2019
Mantra Salt Beach / Kingscliff NSW

Website: http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/~mariac/ISM2019/

Hi All,

We are having a small focussed workshop on exploiting large radio and millimetre radio surveys to understand the relative roles of turbulence,  magnetic fields and gravity in regulating star formation and shaping the ISM.

The workshop will be focussed on interpreting surveys such as the ATCA Legacy Survey of Dense Gas in the Milky Way, the Planck Cold Cores survey and other surveys that are relevant. We will cover both data reduction and analysis pipelines, and how modelling can help interpret results.

We will have a mixture of talks, practical workshops and “Busy Days”, where we will break into groups to plan and work on papers to be produced.

The workshop has a limit of 35 places with free registration (included is morning, afternoon tea and lunches, plus the conference dinner). There are still a few of these places left, so please email maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au<mailto:maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au> if you think you would be interested in attending.

Best wishes,

Maria

-----
Dr Maria Cunningham
Senior Lecturer
School of Physics
UNSW Sydney
Sydney NSW 2052
Australia
Ph: +61-2-9385 5662
Fax: +61-2-9385 6060
Email: maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au<mailto:maria.cunningham at unsw.edu.au>
CRICOS Provider No 00098G

IMPORTANT: I am sending this message now because it suits me.  I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or action it outside of your regular working hours.