[ASA] STA Member update: National survey and new look Science meets Policymakers

Stuart Wyithe swyithe at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 18:47:48 AEST 2018

Dear ASA members,

Please find the latest STA member update below.

Regards,

Stuart

Science & Technology Australia - Member update

View this email in your browser<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/io-hCgZowLH53W87cNSdkF?domain=mailchi.mp>

[/var/folders/3c/3m87_2ts6jg7mbvl97y1y4pm0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/ae5ba4e3-98fd-4d4f-80d1-91d3a87efe1a.jpg]

MEMBER UPDATE

Science & Technology Australia has updates on the annual Professional Scientists Remuneration Survey, and a new format for Science meets Policymakers.

We encourage you to pass this information to your members, staff and/or stakeholders.

Professional Scientists Remuneration Survey

TAKE PART<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Zm0iCjZrzqH1rJgvFR4YNh?domain=scienceandtechnologyaustralia.us9.list-manage.com>

[/var/folders/3c/3m87_2ts6jg7mbvl97y1y4pm0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/66bc0431-5853-4dcf-a856-31d0c793ba49.jpg]

The deadline for the 2018 Professional Scientists Remuneration Survey is closing soon - Be sure that your field and your discipline are represented!

Last year, the survey provided important insights into improving wages and a lack of opportunities for female STEM professionals.

This year, we hope to use the findings of our survey to help us get science on the agenda during the upcoming Federal Election.

We are proud to be partnered with Professionals Australia to deliver this annual survey. Click below to take part.

Science meets Policymakers 2018

[/var/folders/3c/3m87_2ts6jg7mbvl97y1y4pm0000gp/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/e5a87024-c7d7-40d3-a69a-c5b33ddd9879.jpg]

Science meets Policymakers is evolving to enable STA Members to gain skills and knowledge to navigate and engage with the world of policy making.

To bring Science meets Policymakers to a broader audience this year, instead of an event we'll be creating a series of enduring video sessions, drawing from the expertise of leaders in the sector.

These resources will be free and available to members, and circulated in second half of 2018. Watch for more updates in the coming months.

Copyright © 2018 Science & Technology Australia, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Suite 4a, 7 Napier Close
Deakin 2600 Australia