[ASA] Pre-sale tickets available for live shows with Kip Thorne & Alan Duffy

Jackie Bondell jbondell at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 18 14:28:17 AEST 2018

 Dear ASA members,

Nobel Prize-winner Kip Thorne and Alan Duffy will be co-hosting a series of live panel discussions in Australia in September 2018, to discuss the future of science, technology and engineering.

The OzGrav Centre of Excellence is a partner in this event and we pleased to be able to offer ASA members with access to pre-sale tickets to this event, prior to release to the general public on 22nd June.

Further details are below.

Cheers-

Jacqueline Bondell | Education and Public Outreach Coordinator
ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)
Faculty of Science Engineering and Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
(H11) PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122

Office: (+61) 392 148 351

Mobile: 0411 845 521

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cmFAC1WZXriwm2oGFLMG5K?domain=docs.google.com]

(CRICOS Provider 00111D)

[http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/j/00/CFE/C2C/085914/csfinal/Lateralevmgmt_coltransparent.png]

- Lateral Events and The Royal Institution of Australia Presents -

[http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/j/00/CFE/C2C/085914/csfinal/WhatsNext_TextLogo_White_Transparent_RGB1.png]<https://lateralevents.cmail20.com/t/j-i-nlulrkt-l-r/>

Buy Tickets Now

Lateral Pre-sale Release

See American Nobel Prize-winning theoretical physicist and Interstellar scientist PROFESSOR KIP THORNE, Astrophysicist and OzGrav Associate Investigator PROF ALAN DUFFY and co-host of the Infinite Monkey Cage, British comedian ROBIN INCE, LIVE ON STAGE.

[http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/j/00/CFE/C2C/085914/csfinal/GravitionalWaves.jpg]

Get the best seats now, before tickets are released to the general public on the 22nd June.

Professor Kip Thorne will lead an eminent panel discussion, delving into how scientific advances will change how we live our lives and how the world we live in will change forever.

What’s NEXT? is a series of live shows that brings the brightest and most articulate scientific, innovative and comedic minds together to discuss what’s next in science, technology and engineering.

Kip Thorne will discuss the area of his Nobel Prize work: the past, present and future of gravitational wave research and multi-messenger astronomy, their remarkable technology, and their future impact on human understanding of the universe in which we live.

Joining Kip Thorne will be astronomer and OzGrav Associate Investigator Professor Alan Duffy and Robin Ince, co-host of The Infinite Monkey Cage and award-winning British comedian.

BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW

THURSDAY, 13TH SEPTEMBER

Brisbane - Great Hall, BCEC

[Rounded Rectangle: BOOK HERE]

SATURDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER

Melbourne - Palais Theatre

[Rounded Rectangle: BOOK HERE]

WEDNESDAY, 19TH SEPTEMBER

Sydney - State Theatre

[Rounded Rectangle: BOOK HERE]

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/z2zoC2xZYvCoGPX3h154Po?domain=i.vimeocdn.com]<https://lateralevents.cmail20.com/t/j-i-nlulrkt-l-i/>

- From our friends at RiAus -

[http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/j/00/CFE/C2C/085914/csfinal/SCINEMA18_TicketsOnSale_620x4002.png]

SCINEMA International Science Film Festival

SCINEMA International Science Film Festival is back at Palace Cinemas for 2018. See the winners in one evening as we celebrate science on the big screen. Premiere screenings across Australia from 31 May to 21 June 2018.

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hjmXC3Q8Z2FYM6lKu23yZR?domain=bit.ly<https://lateralevents.cmail20.com/t/j-i-nlulrkt-l-d/>

[Facebook]<https://lateralevents.cmail20.com/t/j-i-nlulrkt-l-h/>

[Twitter]<https://lateralevents.cmail20.com/t/j-i-nlulrkt-l-k/>