[ASA] Fourth Homeward Bound Women in Science Leadership Program Open for Applications

Sarah Brough s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 10:41:01 AEST 2018

Dear ASA Members,

In December 2016 I took part in an amazing opportunity - the inaugural
Homeward Bound leadership program for Women in Science. I had the trip
of a lifetime, learning strategy and leadership lessons alongside 75
amazing women of different ages (honours students through to retirees),
science backgrounds and geographical locations for 20 days onboard a
ship traveling through Antarctica.

And, you could do this too! Applications are now open for the 4th
program due May 18th at 10am AEST.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/YHBXCMwvLQTjqLgqHwYNTe?domain=homewardboundprojects.com.au

I can thoroughly recommend this experience! I describe my own experience
here
(https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xbpYCNLwM9io0QA0U4bjNK?domain=womeninscienceaust.org).
Many questions I have had since revolve around funding. I was fortunate
enough to be fully funded (program and travel costs) by the AAO. If you
are interested in doing this I definitely recommend asking your
organisation what support may be available for you.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions prior to applying and
share broadly with your networks,

Many Regards,

Sarah

--