[ASA] ECR Chapter Mentoring Workshop

Manodeep Sinha manodeep at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:25:41 AEDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

The ASA Early Career Researcher Chapteris pleased to announce our next
ECR Mentoring Workshop, which will be held on 1-4 May near Perth at the
Pullman Resort <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NlEVCr8DLRt6jJ2OI7tYIz?domain=pullmanbunkerbayresort.com.au>, situated in
the Margaret River Region.

This year the workshop’s theme is “Follow your Star”,which aims to
discuss career planning, both academic & industry based, along with
leadership & skill building. The workshop will give attendees the
opportunity to learn important (non-research) skills for advancing their
career in academia or switching to industry, expand their network, and
receive advice and guidance from our panel of mentors, all in a relaxed
setting. The conference website
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LO6PCvl0PoC4gVAZUX5dE4?domain=asa-ecr.org>will be
updated with more information soon.

This workshop is intended for late-stage PhD students, postdocs and very
junior faculty. In past years we have had around 30 participants and
always have a diverse group of speakers and attendees, all in a family
friendly environment. Registration
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/asa_ecr-2018retreat-rego>is now open and
closes on 27th March, 2018.

Please pass this message on to your colleagues; ASA members are
encouraged to join the ECR Chapter by emailing the ECR Chapter Steering
Committee <mailto:asa.ecr.chapter at gmail.com>.

We will be in touch shortly with further details. Please plan to join us!

Cheers,The ASA ECR Chapter Steering Committee

(Manodeep Sinha, Sarah Martell, Darren Croton, Pascal Elahi, Jonti
Horner, Anthea King, Simon Mutch, Belinda Nicholson, Jesse van de Sande)