[ASA] Planets in Peculiar Places: Website and Registration

Benjamin Pope benjamin.pope at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 8 07:48:28 AEDT 2018

Dear ASA,

We would like to formally announce the Planets in Peculiar Places workshop,
to be held at the University of Sydney from April 5-6, 2018.

Thanks to the generosity of the Hunstead Gift, the Sydney Institute for
Astronomy (SIfA) at the University of Sydney will be hosting a two-day
symposium on April 5-6 on the subject of Planets in Peculiar Places -
perhaps the oldest but least studied branch of current exoplanet science,
covering planets around pulsars, red giants, white dwarfs, subdwarfs, and
hot main sequence stars. With the launch of the Transiting Exoplanet Survey
Satellite (TESS) coming up this is an ideal time to consider the science
goals and technology requirements for understanding planetary systems
outside the typical search space of FGK dwarfs.

Registration is now open on our website at
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/planets/PeculiarPlaces/ - we invite
submissions for talks, posters, and plain old attendance.

We look forward to you joining us in Sydney!

Kind regards,

Simon Murphy
Benjamin Pope
Orsola de Marco