[ASA] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: "Kepler & K2 Science Conference IV"

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Feb 1 14:00:58 AEDT 2018

There was a mix-up with the announcement of the Kepler & K2 Science Conference just posted.  The correct announcement is below.  Still of significant interest for the Australian stellar and exoplanet communities!

-----
Subject: KITP program on Stars and Exoplanets

Dear Colleagues,

Announcing the program, Better Stars, Better Planets: Exploiting the Stellar-Exoplanetary Synergy, to be held at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, from April 15, 2019 to June 28, 2019. Applications are now being accepted. We encourage you to inform others who might be interested in applying. An accompanying conference will be held from May 20-24 2019.

Information about the program can be found online at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/6YI5CE8kz9tg6x4NINin86?domain=kitp.ucsb.edu. We encourage applications by January 21, 2018, but applications submitted after this soft deadline will also be considered.

At KITP programs, scientists learn from each other and do substantive research, often in collaboration with other participants. To foster interaction, KITP encourages theorists to stay for as long as possible. Three weeks is the minimum stay for a regular participant.

If you wish to participate, go to the program web page, and click Apply. Applications will be considered as budget and space permit. We may not be able to accommodate everyone who applies.

KITP provides office and computing facilities on-site at UC Santa Barbara and provides lodging support to all program participants. Every participant must apply online, even if we have already corresponded with you about the program. Participation is only by written, formal invitation from the KITP Director.

Sincerely yours,

Victor Silva Aguirre <victor at phys.au.dk<mailto:victor at phys.au.dk>>

Rebekah Dawson <rdawson at psu.edu<mailto:rebekah.ilene.dawson at gmail.com>>

Jim Fuller <jfuller at caltech.edu<mailto:jfuller at caltech.edu>>

Daniel Huber <huberd at hawaii.edu<mailto:huberd at hawaii.edu>>

Katja Poppenhaeger <k.poppenhaeger at qub.ac.uk<mailto:k.poppenhaeger at qub.ac.uk>

—————————————————————————
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”
—————————————————————————

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JOHN O’BYRNE
Associate Dean (Student Life), Faculty of Science
Secretary, Astronomical Society of Australia Inc.

Sydney Institute for Astronomy
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 205, Physics Building A28
Postal address: School of Physics | The University of Sydney | NSW | Australia | 2006
T +61 2 9351 3184  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au<mailto:john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au>  | W  http://sydney.edu.au/science/people/john.obyrne

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.