[ASA] Bolton Postdoctoral Fellowship

Lisa.Harvey-Smith at csiro.au Lisa.Harvey-Smith at csiro.au
Fri Sep 29 10:47:01 AEST 2017

Bolton Postdoctoral Fellow - Radio Astronomy
Apply now

  *   Are you passionate about Radio Astronomy?
  *   Kick-start your career in a professional & supportive leading scientific agency
  *   Join internationally-renowned CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science

The Position

The Bolton Fellowship provides an outstanding opportunity for post-doctoral research in Australia. It is designed to help young scientists build strong careers as independent researchers. As a Bolton Fellow you will be encouraged to undertake independent research and/or development in an area relevant to the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) observational capabilities.

Your duties/responsibilities will include:

  *   Engage in original and independent astrophysics research
  *   Collaborate with local, national and international researchers
  *   Present results at major international conferences
  *   Become expert in and support the Australia Telescope National Facility

Location:      Sydney NSW or Perth WA
Salary:          $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure:         3 year term appointment
Reference:    47542

Apply online:

  *   https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/6eKdBDsgZM7pcb?domain=jobs.csiro.au

To be successful you will need:

  *   A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in astronomy, astrophysics or a closely related discipline.
  *   A strong research plan, submitted as part of the job application, indicating your future research directions, including the goals outlined in this advertisement.
  *   Demonstrated research interest and expertise in Radio Astronomy

Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here:  Position Details Document<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NX12BDU2bxYaHY?domain=csiro.au>

Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/bZ89BmuWV046c2?domain=csiro.au>

At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.

Our Business Unit: CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) provides facilities for scientists from Australia and around the world to explore our solar system and beyond.  CASS operates a number of world-class radio astronomy observatories that are collectively known as the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF).

We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more!  CSIRO Balance<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Jb1WBnU2vDxpHz?domain=csiro.au>

How to Apply:  If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your resume and a strong research plan, indicating your future research directions. This plan should include the pre-requisites and criteria found in the Position Description for this position.

Applications Close:  11:59pm AEST, 31 October 2017

Apply now
Find similar jobs:
Postdoctoral research fellows<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Xq1VBlSYD3v9cO?domain=jobs.csiro.au>

A/Prof. Lisa Harvey-Smith
Group Leader - ATNF Science
CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science
Adjunct Associate Professor, University of New South Wales

 Phone: +61 2 9372 4653 |  Mob: +61 (0)472 878701 | Fax: +61 2 9372 4310 |

lisa.harvey-smith at csiro.au | www.csiro.au | www.atnf.csiro.au
Address: PO Box 76, Epping NSW, Australia
Street Address: Cnr Vimiera and Pembroke Roads, Marsfield NSW, Australia