[ASA] Second announcement: 2017 ASA Diversity in Astronomy Workshop, 28-29 September, Macquarie University

Joanne Dawson joanne.dawson at mq.edu.au
Wed Aug 16 08:42:29 AEST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the next the next ASA Diversity in Astronomy Workshop, to be held September 28-29 on the campus of Macquarie University in Sydney.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/e4MrBZUEN4OTJ?domain=tinyurl.com

As always, registration for this event is free. Some student travel support is also available, so please do encourage students to attend!

Programme highlights:
- Veterans of the UK's flagship Athena SWAN Project will present practical and evidence-based lessons on what has worked (and what has not) in inspiring change in institutes and individuals.
- Panel discussion on how we can reduce harassment in our workplaces, featuring experienced panellists who will share their learned techniques for managing bullying and harassment.
- Cultural awareness training

The LOC can be reached at astrodiversity2017 at gmail.com<mailto:astrodiversity2017 at gmail.com>

We look forward to welcoming you to Macquarie!

Jo Dawson and Daniel Zucker,
On behalf of the Organising Committee.

Dr Joanne Dawson
DECRA Fellow / Lecturer in Astronomy & Astrophysics
MRes Advisor for Physics and Astronomy
Macquarie University
Dept of Physics & Astronomy, Macquarie University, NSW 2109
Phone: +61 2 9850 8901