[ASA] Scientia Fellowships Opportunities at UNSW

Chris Tinney c.tinney at unsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 1 15:34:03 AEST 2017

I would like to bring to the attention of astronomy colleagues
in Australia, the UNSW Scientia Fellowship scheme for 2018.

These feature a tenure track fellowship, with a career pathway
commitment that has unprecedented flexibility. UNSW Scientia Fellows
will have access to a range of development opportunities relevant to
career stage across research, teaching and leadership, with a
significant support and collaboration package.

In 2018, up to fifteen of these positions have been reserved for
priority areas including:
• Indigenous researchers
• Interdisciplinary researchers
• Women in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine)

On behalf of the UNSW Astrophysics faculty, I would like
to encourage early- and mid-career astronomy and astrophysics
researchers to take advantage of this new tenure-track
Fellowship scheme, and come join our growing group at UNSW.

Please feel free to distribute this opportunity to colleagues,
collaborators, former students etc who may be residing overseas
ad looking to move to Australia.

FAQs, scheme Guidelines and applications links can be found
at

http://www.2025.unsw.edu.au/apply

Applications must be submitted before 10 July 2017.

Chris Tinney
Michael Ashley
Jeremy Bailey
Sarah Brough