[ASA] Postdoctoral Fellowships at CASS

Minh.Huynh at csiro.au Minh.Huynh at csiro.au
Wed May 17 14:48:45 AEST 2017

Dear all,

CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) are looking for three enthusiastic postdocs to join our vibrant team to work on the following:

Fast Radio Bursts with the Commensal Real-time Transients (CRAFT) project on ASKAP.
 https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Sydney%2C-NSW-CSIRO-Postdoctoral-Fellowship-in-Fast-Radio-Bursts/406663400/

Pulsar science or spectral-line science with the Parkes ultra-wide-bandwidth receiver.
 https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Sydney%2C-NSW-CSIRO-Postdoctoral-Fellowship-in-probing-our-galaxy-in-unprecedented-time%2C-frequency-and-angula/406658000/

Machine learning to enable science from ASKAP surveys.
https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Perth%2C-WA-CSIRO-Postdoctoral-Fellowship-in-Machine-Learning-to-Deliver-Science-from-Large-Radio-Surveys/406430600/

Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as Astronomy or Astrophysics, and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. Please see the position descriptions for more detail on the individual fellowships.

CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships provide experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO. Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes.

CASS supports a flexible working environment and offers a range of family friendly programs and policies.  CASS is committed to diversity, in particular to increasing awareness, demonstrating best practice, and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplace.

Applications are due by Friday June 30th and must be submitted via the CSIRO webpages above.