[ASA] Join Q&A with physicist Lawrence K. Krauss

Muditha Dias Dias.Muditha at abc.net.au
Mon May 15 17:16:39 AEST 2017

Next Monday - the  22nd of May Q&A will broadcast a Sydney Writers Festival special from the ABC studios at 700 Harris Street, Ultimo.
On the panel is theoretical physicist Lawrence M. Krauss who is author of numerous books including ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told….So Far’.

See book blurb below:
In a landmark, unprecedented work of scientific history, Krauss leads us to the furthest reaches of space and time, to scales so small they are invisible
to microscopes, to the birth and rebirth of light, and into the natural forces that govern our existence. His unique blend of rigorous research and engaging
storytelling invites us into the lives and minds of the remarkable, creative scientists who have helped to unravel the unexpected fabric of reality - with reason
rather than superstition and dogma. Krauss has himself been an active participant in this effort, and he knows many of them well. The Greatest Story
challenges us to re-envision ourselves and our place within the universe, as it appears that "God" does play dice with the universe.
At this stage we would like to spread the word among community organisations including members of Australian Astronomy to come along and be part of the audience and probably ask a question.

Answering your questions:
Mikhail Zygar - Russian journalist, writer and filmmaker and author of ‘All the Kremlin’s Men’
Niki Savva -  Australian journalist and former senior adviser to Prime Minister John Howard and author of ‘Road to Ruin’
Lawrence M. Krauss - theoretical physicist and author of ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told … So Far’
Paul Beatty - Man Booker prize 2016 and author of ‘The Sellout’
Mona Chalabi – Data Editor of The Guardian

If anyone would like to be in the audience, they should register soon:  http://bit.ly/come2QandA.

In Question 13: “Know About Us” – please put AA or ASTRONOMY - that way we will give you priority as the program is likely to be in high demand.

Hurry seats are limited!

Tony Jones (photo attached for publicity) and the team look forward to seeing you!

Please get in touch with the Q&A Team on 02-83334065 me if you require any further information.

-

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachments.