[ASA] Call for Expressions of Interest to Host and Organise the 2017 EPOC Workshop
Robert.Hollow at csiro.au
Robert.Hollow at csiro.au
Wed Feb 15 07:42:43 AEDT 2017
Call for Expressions of Interest to Host and Organise the 2017 EPOC Workshop
The Steering Committee of the Education and Public Outreach Chapter (EPOC) of the Astronomical Society of Australia invites interested institutions and organisations to submit an expression of interest to host and organise the 2017 EPOC Workshop.
This workshop would build on the success of the inaugural EPOC workshop held in February 2016 at the University of Melbourne (https://asaepoc.wordpress.com/2016-epoc-workshop/). It would target members of EPOC, the wider professional astronomy community and interested participants from other areas including science communication, education and industry. For the 2017 workshop we invited interested parties to submit the following:
1. Date and location for the event. A date in December is preferred as this allows time for planning and avoids any University teaching terms.
2. The name and contact details for the Point of Contact who would, if their bid is accepted, would become Chair of the Organising Committee.
3. Possible themes or focus for the workshop relating to the EPOC interest in education, public outreach and science communication. Ideas for specific sessions or mini-workshops are welcome.
4. An indication of the level of support available from the hosting organisation and institution, both financial and in-kind plus names of possible LOC members.
5. Possible associated events and venues for relevant excursions or social events. The 2016 workshop included an evening reception and planetarium viewing at Melbourne Planetarium and an optional visit to the Victorian Space Science Education Centre following the workshop.
6. All ASA meetings must adhere to the ASA Code of Conduct http://asa.astronomy.org.au/code_of_conduct.php. Bids must address how they will address equity, diversity and access for participants.
The workshop is envisaged as a two-day event but could run to three days if the program warrants it.
Submissions must be sent to asaepoc at gmail.com by 13 March 2017.
The EPOC Steering Committee will review the expressions of interest and notify applicants in April. The successful bid will form a committee that will include LOC members and representatives from the EPOC Steering Committee.
Enquiries should be addressed to the Chair of the EPOC Steering Committee, Robert Hollow, email robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au>, telephone 02 9372 4247.
Chair, EPOC Steering Committee
robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au>
ph: 02 9372 4247
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA