[ASA] Science meets Parliament 2017

Virginia Kilborn vkilborn at swin.edu.au
Wed Jan 11 16:40:43 AEDT 2017

Dear ASA members,

The yearly Science meets Parliament (SmP) event will be held from 21-22 March 2017, and the ASA has 2 places made available to us from Science and Technology Australia (see http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/science-meets-parliament-2017/ for details). Feedback from previous years has been extremely positive, and we are calling on members who might be interested to attend the event - in particular ECRs with an interest in future leadership and policy development.

If you'd like to attend SmP this year, please email me with a brief 1-paragraph justification, by Friday, 13th January. ASA council will review the applications and select 2 applicants to attend the event. The ASA will be able to cover reasonable travel costs, plus the registration fee for the 2 supported attendees.

cheers

Virginia

Prof. Virginia Kilborn
Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
Ph (w) +61 (0)3 9214 4380
WWW: http://bit.ly/24vsqSR