[ASA] Save the Date: 20-24 August 2017 From Black Hole to Environment: Galaxy Evolution Across Multiple Wavelengths

Kylie Williams k.williams at sydney.edu.au
Mon Dec 5 15:32:35 AEDT 2016

SAVE THE DATE
>From Black Hole to Environment: galaxy evolution across multiple wavelengths
Aug 20 - 24, 2017
Australian National University, Canberra Australia

On August 20 - 24, 2017, the Australian National University will host an international scientific conference "From Black Hole to Environment: galaxy evolution across multiple wavelengths". This conference aims to bring together both our observational and theoretical understanding of how galaxies evolve through feeding and feedback processes. The meeting will address our current understanding of feeding and feedback from large scales (clusters) to small scales (galactic centres) including gaseous outflows, star formation, and black hole co-evolution. The conference will be split into four categories:

*         Galaxy groups, clusters, large scale structure: dynamics, mergers, interactions;

*         Galaxies in the high redshift universe: AGN feedback and gaseous outflows;

*         Galaxies in the low redshift universe: refuelling and feeding black holes and star formation; and

*         Centres of galaxies: black hole accretion, launching jets and galactic winds, starbursts and star formation.

This meeting will focus on multi-wavelength science that addresses the above science. We have invited leading scientists from the major galaxy surveys and leading scientists working on theoretical simulations.  This will provide a platform to reconcile theoretical predictions with ongoing and upcoming observational projects to foster new collaborations.

Website: http://www.caastro.org/event/2017-blackhole

Registration will open soon.

Scientific Organising Committee:

*         Julie Banfield (Chair), ANU

*         Judith Croston, Southampton

*         Alastair Edge, Durham

*         Anne Medling, Caltech

*         Dipanjan Mukherjee, ANU

*         Matt Owers, AAO/Macquarie

*         Kevin Pimbblet, Hull

*         Elaine Sadler, USYD

*         Stas Shabala, UTAS

*         Ivy Wong, ICRAR/UWA

*         Cathie Zheng, VUW

Local Organizing Committee:

*         Julie Banfield (Chair), ANU

*         Suryashree Aniyan, ANU

*         Kate Gunn, USYD

*         Anais Moller, ANU

*         Rob Sharp, ANU

*         Philip Taylor, ANU

*         Brad Tucker, ANU

*         Kylie Williams, USYD

KYLIE WILLIAMS | Events and Communications
CAASTRO | School of Physics  | Faculty of Science |
ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics

Rm 352 Building A28 | School of Physics

The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9114 2183  | F +61 2 9114 2195| M +61 478 404 619
Email k.williams at sydney.edu.au<mailto:k.williams at sydney.edu.au>  W  http:// www.caastro.org<http://www.caastro.org/>

Please note: I am in the office Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (9:00am - 5:30pm) and Wednesday (9:00am - 2:00pm)