[ASA] Announcement of AAL Board appointments

Yeshe Fenner yeshefenner at swin.edu.au
Mon Nov 21 17:04:47 AEDT 2016

Dear ASA members,

At the Astronomy Australia Ltd (AAL) Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Friday 18th Nov 2016, the AAL member representatives elected the following four nominees to the AAL Board:

  *   Professor Karl Glazebrook, Swinburne University
  *   Dr Ben Greene, CEO Electro Optic Systems
  *
Professor Naomi McClure-Griffiths, ANU
  *
Professor Chris Tinney, UNSW

AAL is pleased to congratulate and welcome these Directors to our Board.  We also sincerely thank the four Directors whose terms came to an end at the end of the AGM: Prof Lisa Kewley, Prof Ron Ekers, Dr Ian Chessell, and Prof Anne Green, with special thanks to Anne for her outstanding leadership of AAL over the past year in her capacity as AAL Chair. The new AAL Chair will be elected by the AAL Board, with that announcement expected to be made within the next two weeks.

The current composition of the AAL Board is:

  *
Professor Rachel Webster, University of Melbourne (until 2018 AGM)
  *
Dr Rosalind Dubs, professional company director, AAL Deputy Chair (until 2018 AGM)
  *
Professor Matthew Bailes, Swinburne University (until 2018 AGM)
  *
Professor Karl Glazebrook, Swinburne University (until 2019 AGM)
  *
Dr Ben Greene, CEO Electro Optic Systems (until 2019 AGM)
  *
Professor Naomi McClure-Griffiths, ANU (until 2019 AGM)
  *
Professor Chris Tinney, UNSW (until 2019 AGM)

Please contact myself or Mark McAuley (AAL CEO, mark.mcauley at astronomyaustralia.org.au) with any questions.

Kind regards,

Dr Yeshe Fenner, PhD, PMP
Chief Operating Officer