[ASA] Changes to ASA council

Virginia Kilborn vkilborn at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 17 12:04:21 AEDT 2016

Dear ASA community,

There have been a couple of changes to the ASA council of which we'd like to make you aware:

The ASA Council has accepted the resignation of Duncan Galloway as Vice President. Article 16 of the Constitution states that the Council may invite a person to fill a vacancy and Stuart Wyithe has agreed to take over as Vice President. As there are only a few months until the next Council will be elected the Council decided to ask Duncan Galloway to remain on the Council and fill the position vacated by Stuart, and Duncan has agreed. This allows continuity to be maintained until the election leading up to the AGM in July next year. Many thanks to Duncan for his contributions to council as Vice President since July 2015.

The ASA Council has also accepted the resignation of Ravi Sood as Treasurer. Once again via article 16 of the Constitution we are pleased to announce that Kate Gunn has agreed to take over as Treasurer.  Ravi has undertaken an incredible effort to keep the membership and finances of our growing society in order, and we thank him for his contributions to the society over the past several years.

Please join with me now, in welcoming Stuart and Kate to the ASA executive!

Kind regards,

Virginia

Virginia Kilborn
Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
Ph (w) +61 (0)3 9214 4380
WWW: http://bit.ly/24vsqSR