[ASA] Tenure track position in astrophysical instrumentation

Bryan Gaensler bgaensler at dunlap.utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 9 23:17:13 AEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

The Dunlap Institute is seeking a new junior faculty (assistant professor / tenure-track) hire in experimental astrophysics or astronomical instrumentation - see http://www.dunlap.utoronto.ca/assistant-professor-position-search-experimental-astrophysics-or-astronomical-instrumentation/ . The position comes with a reduced (50%) teaching load and a generous start-up package. The application deadline is 15th November, 2016.

We are an exciting new research institute of around 50 faculty, postdocs and students, focused on innovative technology, training the next generation, and engaging the public. We’re co-located with the University of Toronto’s Astronomy Department and with the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA), meaning we’re part of a diverse astronomy unit of 120+ people, which is in turn part of a vibrant university meeting the needs of 86,000 students and 20,000 employees.

If you do clever things with photons or other messengers, and would like to know more about the position, let me know. Please also pass this on to others whom you think might be interested.

regards,

Bryan Gaensler
Dunlap Director