[ASA] Magellan Science Meeting

International Telescopes Support Office itso at aao.gov.au
Mon Aug 15 09:15:21 AEST 2016

The AAO's International Telescopes Support Office intends to offer
individual travel grants (up to $2000) to encourage and assist
Australian representation at this meeting. Potential attendees are
invited to submit an expression of interest in receiving a travel grant
by sending an e-mail along with their submitted abstract to
itso at aao.gov.au by *31 October 2016*, and will be informed of any award
by 2 November 2016.

Stuart Ryder
International Telescopes Support Office, AAO

on behalf of Gayandhi De Silva
AAL observer on the Magellan Science Advisory Committee

    *We are pleased to announce the 4th Magellan Science Symposium will
    be held at the Carnegie Institution for Science in Washington, DC on
    December 7 and 8, 2016.*

    Participants will present and discuss recent scientific results from
    Magellan observations with the twin goals of communicating the
    exciting research being done and looking toward what new
    capabilities will keep Magellan on the forefront of discovery.

    The Symposium format will consist of all contributed talks of about
    15-20 minutes arranged by scientific topic with substantial time for
    discussion. A continental breakfast and lunch will be served on site
    both days.

    We welcome submissions of abstracts for contributed talks, and we
    anticipate time for about 35 talks. We also welcome abstracts for
    poster presentations, and there will be substantial time for viewing
    poster contributions. Posters are particularly invited for
    descriptions of new instrument concepts.

    Registration is $75 and includes breakfast, lunch, and coffee on
    both days of the meeting.

    We look forward to seeing you in DC!

    *Deadlines:*

      * Abstract Submission