[ASA] HWSA Registration Closes This Friday

Christopher Herron cher7851 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 13:46:40 AEST 2016

Dear ASA student members,

Registration for the 2016 Harley Wood School of Astronomy (HWSA) closes this Friday, the 10th of June. The theme for this year's HWSA is 'Seize the Day: Making the Most of Your Opportunities', and will focus on emphasising the opportunities available to students, as well as encouraging students to be proactive when it comes to networking and collaboration, and starting and managing research projects. The program has been designed to have a greater emphasis on workshops and interactive talks, including workshops on networking, statistics and writing skills. We will also hold the traditional HWSA trivia night, and a night viewing/games night.

To register for the HWSA, please visit this webpage: http://www.asa2016.org/registration-1/

For more information on the HWSA, please visit this webpage: http://www.asa2016.org/hwsahome/

Transportation:

We have arranged for coaches to transport students from Central Station and Sydney Domestic Airport to the Tops Conference Centre, in Stanwell Tops. Please make sure that you can be at Central Station by 4pm on Thursday the 30th June, or at Sydney Airport by 4:30pm. If you cannot make these times, then we can consider changing the coach times, or organise alternative travel arrangements. On the Sunday, we will leave Tops by 2pm, and return to Sydney by approximately 3pm.

Federal Election:

The federal election is being held on the 2nd of July, during the HWSA. Because of this, people attending the HWSA will need to apply for a postal vote, if they are required to vote in this election. Information on applying for a postal vote can be found here: http://www.aec.gov.au/election/pva/

Kind regards,

Chris Herron, on behalf of the 2016 HWSA LOC