[ASA] Final announcement: ASA Early Career Researcher Mentoring Workshop

Sarah Martell s.martell at unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 19 12:39:14 AEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

This is the **final announcement** that registration for the ASA ECR
Mentoring Workshop <http://asaecr.smp.uq.edu.au/events/workshop-2016/>
is open **until this Friday, 22 April**. If you are a postdoc or
late-stage PhD student, please plan to join us in May!

Theme: Survive and Thrive in Astronomy and Beyond
Dates: 30-31 May 2016
Location: Yarra Valley Estate <http://www.yarravalleyestate.com.au/>, VIC
Registration deadline: 22 April
Registration link: here <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VQGJPRC>

Speakers:
Joss Bland-Hawthorn
Mark McAulay
Orania Tokatlidis
Virginia Kilborn
Iraklis Konstantopoulos
Sean Farrell
Rachel Webster
Geraint Lewis
Matthew Colless

Topics:
Making a career plan
Vision and leadership
Making big (and small) projects happen
Work/life balance
Managing your mental health
Transitions outside astronomy
Your skills portfolio
Mastering the job interview
Writing a cover letter and research statement

A payment link will be sent to registered attendees in late April.
We will arrange childcare if requested, and thanks to our sponsors we
can provide some support for registration costs for participants with
low travel funding. If you anticipate requesting this support, please
email Sarah Martell (s.martell at unsw.edu.au) to discuss details.

We hope to see you there!
Sarah Martell
for the ECR Chapter