[ASA] 1st Announcement: The 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting and Harley Wood School of Astronomy

Krzysztof Bolejko bolejko at physics.usyd.edu.au
Mon Feb 29 16:42:10 AEDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the 2016 Astronomical Society of Australia's
Annual Scientific Meeting and Harley Wood School of Astronomy.

As 2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Astronomical
Society of Australia, the 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting will be hosted by
The University of Sydney, where the first meeting of the ASA was held in
1966. To celebrate this anniversary we will have a number of special
events, including a Time Capsule and a special session dedicated to the
history of the ASA.

The *Annual Scientific Meeting will be held on 3-8 July 2016*, at The
University of Sydney, while the preceding *Harley Wood School will be held
on 30 June - 3 July 2016*, at the Tops Conference Centre, Stanwell Tops.

The Key Dates are:

29 February: Registration opens
1 April: Abstract submission closes
3 May: Program release
6 May: Early Bird closes
12 May: Speakers registration closes
10 June: Registration closes
30 June - 3 July: Harley Wood School
3 July - 8 July: Annual Scientific Meeting

To register and submit your abstracts, and find more relevant information
on the ASM and HWSA please visit:
www.asa2016.org

Also, don't forget to follow @the2016asa on Twitter to stay tuned for
further announcements and details.

For additional information please email the Local Organising Committee at
info at asa2016.org, or in urgent matters please call directly our dedicated
line at 0405-465-990.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Bolejko (Chair of the LOC), on behalf of the LOC