[ASA] CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships: Applications Now Open

Robert.Hollow at csiro.au Robert.Hollow at csiro.au
Mon Jul 20 09:24:34 AEST 2015

Dear Colleagues

Please let you students know about this opportunity to work with us over the Summer.

CASS Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships: Applications Now Open.

CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) is offering a number of Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships. Successful scholars will undertake a research project under the supervision of CASS staff and visit one of our observatories.

The 2015/16 CSIRO Vacation Scholarship Program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to work on real-world problems in a leading R&D organisation. Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.

CSIRO Astronomy and Space manage Australia's leading facilities for radio astronomy and spacecraft tracking, we're internationally renowned for our radio astronomy research and engineering expertise, and we're helping to shape the Square Kilometre Array. For more information please see our website at Astronomy and Space<http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/Astronomy>.

Pre-Requisites/Eligibility

Vacation scholarships are open to students who:

  *   are currently enrolled at an Australian university;
  *   have completed three years of a full-time undergraduate course, preferably in science, computing or engineering, (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
  *   have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
  *   intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.

Full details are available at:
https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Various-CSIRO-Undergraduate-Vacation-Scholarships-Astronomy-and-Space-Science/280522900/

or accessible through the “Students” link on the CSIRO careers website: http://www.csiro.au/en/Careers

Applications must be submitted online. Applications close Sunday 16 August.

For any enquiries please contact:
Robert Hollow
CASS Undergraduate Vacation Scholarship Coordinator
Email: robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au>

Regards

Robert Hollow

Robert Hollow

CASS Undergraduate Vacation Scholarship Coordinator
Astronomy and Space Science
CSIRO

E robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au> T +61 2 9372 4247 M 0412 890 472
PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710 Australia