[ASA] Congratulations to our new ARC Laureate Fellows

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at aao.gov.au
Wed Jun 24 10:36:15 AEST 2015

Dear all,

    It is pleasing and exciting to see the success of two in our
national astronomy
community with the awards yesterday of ARC Laureate Fellowships:

Professor Matthew Bailes for the project:
" Exascale astronomy: real-time analysis of the transient radio universe"

and

Professor Lisa Kewley for the project:
" The building blocks of life over 12 billion years"

The ARC media release with further details is available here:
http://arc.gov.au/media/releases/Minister_FL23June15.htm

With only 15 Laureate Fellowships awarded in this round, it is fantastic
to see two of them in the area of astronomy and astrophysics. Please
join with me in congratulating Matthew and Lisa on this excellent outcome!

Andrew Hopkins
President, ASA

--
Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Head of Research and Outreach
Australian Astronomical Observatory