[ASA] Harley Wood School: Registration and Travel Assistance

Rebecca Lange rebecca.lange at icrar.org
Wed Apr 22 18:07:15 AEST 2015

Dear ASA members,

Please take note of the updates for this year's Harley Wood School below and I would appreciate it if you could forward this email to any interested parties at your institution.

Kind regards,
Rebecca Lange

Registration

We have been able to secure more accommodation for this year’s Harley Wood School (HWSA), held on Rottnest Island, Thursday July 2 - Sunday July 5.
In light of this development we are extending the registration deadline to the 22nd of May to coincide with the ASM early-bird deadline.

Please head over to our webpage for more information and to register:
http://www.hwsa2015.org/

Travel Assistance

We are also pleased to announce that the HWSA can now offer travel assistance and invite applications from current and prospective participants.

There are 20 grants available (typically valued around $200) to help equalise the cost of travel for participants and to ensure that a wide spread of institutions will be represented at the HWSA.

To be considered for travel support please send your application to Rebecca Lange, chair of the HWSA LOC, addressing the following:
Where is your home institution? And what level of study are you undertaking (e.g. honours, Master, PhD …)
What travel costs are you expecting (e.g. flight quotes)?
Have you sought any other funds (e.g. support by your home institution)?
Is this your first HWSA?
Are you an ASA member?  (Preference will be given to members!)
Any other information/supporting material you think we should consider.
Make sure all the information in point 1 to 5 is included in your application, otherwise it will not be considered eligible.

The deadline for applications is 5pm AWST on Friday the 15th of May. We will announce the outcome of your application on Wednesday the 20th of May to allow enough time for everyone to register for HWSA attendance by Friday the 22nd of May. If the HWSA registration is not received by the 22nd of May deadline the travel grant will be forfeited.

--
Rebecca Lange

Ph.D. student
The University of Western Australia
M468
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley
WA 6009
AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 8 6488 7756
Email: rebecca.lange at icrar.org

ICRAR: Discovering the hidden Universe through radio astronomy

www.icrar.org | Subscribe to ICRAR's eNewsletter | ICRAR on Twitter | ICRAR on Facebook

Galaxy and Mass Assembly