[ASA] Fwd: Industry employers wanted for Chief Scientist study

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at aao.gov.au
Mon Nov 10 21:39:56 AEDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Industry employers wanted for Chief Scientist study
Date: 	Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:10:43 +1100
From: 	Catriona Jackson <catriona.jackson at sta.org.au>
To: 	undisclosed-recipients:;

****please send to your members*** *
*
*Dear STA Presidents and Friends , *
*
*The Office of Australia's Chief Scientist Professor Ian Chubb AC are doing a
study on the connections between academia and industry, and have asked for our
help in finding people in industry, especially small and medium sized, to take
part in the study outlined below. *
*
*
*Getting frank feedback on how well current initiatives are working is
critical step in improving research/business connections, and the job
prospects for STEM graduates. *
*
*
*Please read the outline below and make contact with NCVER if you can assist. *
*
*
*Regards, *

Catriona Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Science & Technology Australia

T: 02 6257 2891| M: 0417 142 238| F: 02 6257 2897
PO Box 259, Canberra City ACT 2601
Website <http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au>| Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ScienceAU> | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/scienceAU>
| YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/user/scienceandtechau>

*
*
*
*
*Dear STA members and friends, *
*
*
*We would like to invite you to participate in a study which is currently
being undertaken by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research
(NCVER) on behalf of the Office of Chief Scientist. The project looks at
employers' perspectives of Work Integrated Learning (such as internships,
placements or project work) for students in science, technology, engineering
and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.*
**
*NCVER is interested in speaking with employers of all sizes, particularly in
the private sector, who offer Work Integrated Learning (WIL) to STEM students.
We would like find out employers' experiences and perceptions of WIL;
including reasons and benefits for offering WIL, experiences with students and
university partners, and the constraints and issues in providing WIL. We are
also keen to speak to employers who do not offer WIL, to find out **the
reasons and some of the barriers. If you are interested in these issues and
would like to discuss your experiences please get in touch with Georgina
Atkinson at NCVER (Georgina.
<mailto:Georgina.Atkinson at ncver.edu.au>**Atkinson at ncver.edu.au
<mailto:Georgina.Atkinson at ncver.edu.au>).*
*
*
*
*
Science & Technology Australia <http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au>

--
A.Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Head of Research and Outreach
Australian Astronomical Observatory