[ASA] Casual job At UWS Penrith Observatory
john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Sat Mar 1 22:01:16 AEDT 2014
Position Title: Observatory Educator
Level: HEW 5/1
School/Office: School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
A major responsibility of the Observatory Educator is to deliver high quality presentations, provide information and high quality client services to visitors.
The Observatory Educator reports to the Observatory Manager.
A major responsibility of the Observatory Educator is to provide effective and efficient client services to vistors.
The Observatory runs public programs, outreach programs for primary and secondary school, teachers’ workshops and specialised group programs.
1. Conducts and assists with presentations.
2. Provides information and answer questions in relation to astronomy, general science and technology from school age children, amateur astronomy groups and the general public.
3. Demonstrate and assist visitors to the observatory in the use of telescopes and other observatory equipment and facilities.
4. Conduct tours of the observatory.
5. Collect, verify and balance cash received.
6. Ensure compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
· Knowledge of astronomy and the ability to relate it in an educational context.
· Highly developed client service skills.
· Well developed communication skills and ability to relate basic astronomy concepts to people of all ages and from all aspects of the community
· Ability to conduct presentations.
· Practical experience with optical astronomical telescopes.
· Knowledge of the sky.
· Knowledge of NSW Board of Studies K-12 syllabuses
· Cash handling experience.
· Knowledge of legislation in relation of Work Health and Safety
Applications to be considered for the eligibility list are invited from people with expertise and experience in giving presentations and who have highly developed communication skills.
Applicants must have knowledge of astronomy and the ability to relate it to an educational context and should submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
Applicants should note that inclusion on this list does not guarantee employment with UWS.
Casual Salary Rate: Higher Education Worker Level 5, Step 1 $40.41 per hour.
Position Enquiries: Rosyln McCourt (02) 4736 0135 or r.mccourt at uws.edu.au
Closing Date: 17 March 2014
How to Apply:
If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
If you want to preview the Application form prior to logging in,click here
Dr. Miroslav D. Filipovic | Associate Professor
School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
Computational Astrophysics, Imaging & Simulation
(: 4620 3824 | F: 4620 3075 | M: 0411 547 892 | E: m.filipovic at uws.edu.au
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA