[ASA] Research Fellow in Nuclear Astrophysics at Monash University

Alexander Heger alexander.heger at monash.edu
Thu Jan 2 18:29:18 AEDT 2014

I would like to draw your attentions to the following job ad, also
posted on the AAS job register at

http://jobregister.aas.org/job_view?JobID=47229

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested or have questions.

Best wishes,
Alexander

Job Announcement Text:

We invite applications for a Research Fellowship in the wider field of
stellar evolution and nuclear astrophsics with Prof. Alexander Heger at
the Monash Centre for Astrophysics (MoCA) at Monash University,
Melbourne, Australia.

The successful candidate should have experience in theoretical or
numerical modelling in nuclear astrophysics in one or several of the
following fields: formation and evolution of massive or very massive
stars, supernovae, binary stars, stellar rotation and magnetic fields,
gamma-ray burst and other transients and outbursts, galactic chemical
evolution, first stars (formation and evolution), or Type I X-ray burst
and superbursts.

MoCA has very active research groups in Stellar Interiors and
Nucleosynthesis (SINs - Lattanzio, Lugaro, Heger, Campbell, Mueller),
High-energy Astrophysics (Galloway, Levin, Donea, Heger, Price, Mueller,
Lazendic-Galloway), Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics and MHD (Monaghan;
Price - star formation), Galaxy Evolution (Bown), Numerical General
Relativity, and solar physics, amongst others (see
http://moca.monash.edu/research).  The initial appointment is for two
years, with the possibility of extension for a third year contingent
upon satisfactory performance, at level A or B depending on experience
(A$64.175 - A$108.788 pa including 9.25% employer superannuation).
Commencement date should be on or before Oct. 1, 2014

The application needs to be submitted online by Jan 31, 2013 (AEDT).
For the full job ad and application instructions please visit
http://jobs.monash.edu.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=518885

Prof. Alexander Heger         Monash Larkins Fellow, ARC Future Fellow
mailto: Alexander.Heger at monash.edu                     Deputy Director
    web: http://2sn.org                  Monash Centre for Astrophysics
  phone: +61-3-9905-4478                School of Mathematical Sciences
    fax: +61-3-9905-4403                              Building 28, M401
  skype: Alexander.Heger         Monash University, Vic 3800, Australia