[ASA] FW: Call for proposals to host the 2014 ASA Harley Wood Winter School and Annual Science Meeting

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at aao.gov.au
Tue Dec 17 17:12:18 AEDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

This is a call for proposals to host the 2015 ASA Harley Wood Winter School and
Annual Science Meeting over the period 3 - 10 July 2015.

The deadline for proposals is 31 January 2014. For more information on what
to include in the proposal see the following website:
http://asa.astronomy.org.au/meetings/ASM_instructions.html#Future

An Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) has been held since the ASA's formation in
1966.
The event has now grown to include more than 200 participants and several
auxiliary
meetings and talks as well as the Harley Wood Winter School for students, which is
held over the preceding weekend. It is now a major event on the Australian
Astronomy
calendar and is a fantastic opportunity for the host institute to showcase their
staff, students, facilities and research.

The ASM is typically held at the hosting university, however, the ASA Council
strongly encourages the hosting university to explore commercial conference
venues as well. We also encourage the host to consider using a commercial
event organiser to aid in the planning and management of the event.

A complete list of previous host institutions is available at:
http://asa.astronomy.org.au/asm.html

Please contact me if you have any queries.

Best regards,

Andrew Hopkins
President, ASA