[ASA] Australian ALMA community workshop. October 30-31, 2013.

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Sun Aug 25 13:08:37 AEST 2013

First announcement : Australian ALMA community workshop. October 30-31, 2013

In preparation for the upcoming ALMA call for Cycle 2 proposals we are planning a 2-day ALMA workshop for the Australian community. The workshop will include presentations from ALMA staff related to ALMA's Cycle 2 capabilities and proposal preparation, as well as hands-on tutorials demonstrating the ALMA Observing Tool and the Simulators.  The talks and tutorials are aimed to enable novice and advanced users alike to create observing projects making full use of the unique capabilities of ALMA in Cycle 2. Our aim is to also include a series of science talks that highlight both early science results from ALMA and future science projects.

Registration: There will be no registration fee for this workshop. Please send an email to Jill.Rathborne at csiro.au to confirm your attendance at the workshop. As part of the workshop we will also hold several practical sessions allowing users to get hands-on experience with the various ALMA tools. Please indicate if you will participate in these tutorial sessions. Please also include a title if you would like to present a short science talk. **Registration closes on October 18, 2013**.

Location: The workshop will be held at the CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science ATNF headquarters in Marsfield, Sydney.

Confirmed speakers : Lars-Ake Nyman, Liz Humphries, Alison Peck, Remy Indebetouw.

Organising Committee: Jill Rathborne (chair), Sarah Maddison, Michael Burton, Anne Green, Max Voronokov, Yeshe Fenne.

For more information see: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/workshops/2013/alma/ALMA_workshop.html

Dr Jill Rathborne
Research Scientist
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science