[ASA] ASA President Update

Andrew Hopkins ahopkins at aao.gov.au
Mon Jul 15 17:21:18 AEST 2013

Dear members,

The ASA Council members for 2013-14 were announced at the
2013 Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Wednesday 10 July 2013.
The new Council is listed below. Thank you to all those who nominated,
and I welcome our new Council members, Lee Spitler and Duncan Galloway.
I also welcome our new Student Representative Paola Oliva Altamirano.
A special thanks to Andrew Walsh whose term came to an end at this AGM.
Andrew has been a council member since 2010. Thanks also to Andy
Casey for ably representing the Student Members on the ASA Council.

Please find attached the 2013 President's Report that was presented at
the AGM by our outgoing President, Kate Brooks. I have also attached
the slides from her presentation. I look forward to another exciting year
of scientific results, national recognition of our members for their work,
and other success stories.

Just as a reminder, you can send messages for distribution to the full
ASA membership by emailing asa at physics.usyd.edu.au .

I would also like to especially thank Duncan Galloway for his outstanding
efforts in leading the organisation of a very successful and highly
enjoyable meeting. I look forward to seeing you all next year at Macquarie
for the 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting.

The ASA Council for 2013-14 is:

President: Andrew Hopkins
Vice-President: Darren Croton
Immediate Past President: Kate Brooks
Secretary: John O’Byrne
Secretary: Marc Duldig
Treasurer: Katrina Sealey

Councillors:
Lee Spitler
Cath Trott
Amanda Karakas
Gavin Rowell
Duncan Galloway

Student Representative: Paola Oliva Altamirano
(Ex-officio) Chair, PASA Editorial Board : Bryan Gaensler
(Co-opted) Prizes and Awards Coordinator: Tanya Hill
(Co-opted but currently unfilled): New Position

Andrew Hopkins,
President, ASA

--
A.Prof. Andrew Hopkins, Head of AAT Science
Australian Astronomical Observatory