[ASA] Reminder: "Synthetic Universes for Future Surveys" workshop on 21/22 March 2013

Chris Power chris.power at uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 19 14:25:25 AEDT 2013

Hi all,

A reminder that  we're organising the "Synthetic Universes for Future Surveys" workshop at ICRAR/UWA in Perth on the 21st and 22nd March 2013.

**Note that the deadline for registration is this coming Thursday, 21st February.**

This workshop, sponsored by the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-Sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO), will bring together simulators, modellers and observers from around the world to assess how fit-for-purpose the state-of-the-art in galaxy formation modelling is in the coming era of large galaxy surveys on next generation telescopes such as ALMA, the SKA and its pathfinders, the ELTs, and with instruments such as SAMI, TAIPAN, etc... We plan to have special sessions on the requirements posed by the SAMI and WALLABY/DINGO surveys.

Invited speakers include Andrew Benson (Carnegie Observatories, USA), Darren Croton (Swinburne), Alexander Knebe (UA Madrid, Spain), Claudia Lagos (ESO Garching, Germany) and Aaron Robotham (ICRAR/UWA).

If you'd like to attend this workshop, please register at our website

http://www.caastro.org/event/synthetic-universes-for-future-surveys

please note that (i) there will be a small fee of A$100 per person, (ii) attendance is limited to ~45 participants

If you have any comments or queries, please contact A/Prof. Chris Power by e-mail (chris.power at icrar.org<mailto:chris.power at icrar.org>) or office phone (+61 8 6488 7630).

Hope to see you in Perth next March!

Chris