[ASA] Second Announcement for "Neapolitan of Masers" workshop 20-22 May 2013

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Feb 14 15:15:30 AEDT 2013

This is a second announcement for a maser workshop which we will be hosting in May 2013. The workshop will focus on three key areas of maser science and techniques: Variability, Magnetism and VLBI (further details are listed on the webpage http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/workshops/2013/maserworkshop2013/index.html).

This workshop will take place at the Australia Telescope National Facility in Sydney, part of CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science. We are currently accepting registrations and abstract submission via the webpage. There is no registration fee, however we will be holding a workshop dinner that will require payment (amount to be confirmed). The workshop will consist of invited talks, contributed talks and discussion, with three days of scheduled programme and two optional days for participants to engage in further discussion and collaborations. The aim of the workshop is to bring experts in the field together to review the current standing of each topic, discuss latest results and foster collaborations to address the remaining questions.

Invited speakers (confirmed):

Anna Bartkiewicz
Simon Ellingsen
Mike Gaylard
Malcolm Gray
Tomoya Hirota
Hiroshi Imai
Michele Pestalozzi
Anita Richards
Andrey Sobolev
Koichiro Sugiyama
Wouter Vlemmings [Remote]
Maxim Voronkov
Andrew Walsh
Johan van der Walt

Invited speakers (yet to be confirmed):

Andreas Brunthaler
Richard Dodson
Sandra Etoka
Ciriaco Goddi
Sharmila Goedhart
Tim Robishaw
Marian Szymczak "

Kind Regards,
Yiannis Gonidakis, Shari Breen & Jimi Green (Organising Committee)

Ioannis Gonidakis
Post Doctoral Fellow in High Resolution Science
Astronomy and Space Science
CSIRO

E ioannis.gonidakis at csiro.au T +61 2 9372 4718
Crn Vimiera and Pembroke Rds, Marsfield, NSW 2122
http://www.atnfcsiro.au/people/Yiannis.Gonidakis