[ASA] ANITA Strategic Plan and Newsletter Now Available

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Mon Jul 2 14:12:55 AEST 2012

Dear ASA members.

The ANITA steering committee, with the help of a 4 member advisory committee, has completed its Strategic Plan for Theoretical Astrophysics 2012-2015.

The Plan is now available for download from the ANITA website here:
http://anita.edu.au/2012/07/02/strategic-plan-for-theoretical-astrophysics-released/

I would like to thank all those who helped bring this document together, and in particular Tim Cornwell, Andrew Hopkins, Andrew King and Sarah Maddison who formed the advisory committee.

At this week's ASA Annual Scientific Meeting ANITA will be holding its traditional town hall meeting during the lunch session on Tuesday. Steering committee members David Parkinson and Tamara Davis will give an overview of the plan lead a discussion on the community's ideas on implementation.

Finally, the our first ANITA Newsletter for this year is also available. This time around we focus on
the Strategic Plan, early science from gSTAR, and our regular news, publications and crossword sections. Enjoy!

http://anita.edu.au/2012/07/02/2012-q12-anita-newsletter-is-now-available/

Thanks,
Darren Croton, Tamara Davis, Alan Duffy, Jarrod Hurley, John Lattanzio, Simon Mutch, David Parkinson, Greg Poole, Daniel Price (your friendly steering committee)

--
Darren Croton
Associate Professor & QEII Research Fellow