[Limdep Nlogit List] Error 636

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Nov 25 12:49:31 AEDT 2023

Kal.  The specification proliferates instruments. The manual section you
quoted
an example with moderate dimensions that specifies thousands of instruments.
The limit in DPD in NLOGIT is 200.  This is (T-1)*(KX + Kf) + KM. I cannot
tell
from your command what these values are. Generically, this is the source of
the
diagnostic.
/B. Greene

On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 11:37 PM Kalyan Chakraborty via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear Prof. Greene and other Limdep Users,
>
> I have been trying to run a Dynamic Panel GMM model (ABB) E11.15 (Nlogit 9)
> but getting the same error message no matter how I select my I-Variables. I
> have 68 countries, 50-years of data, the program I reproduced below. Any
> help is very much appreciated.
>
> Kal
> ________________
>
> NAMELIST; X1= LRGDP,TRADE$
>
> NAMELIST; X2=GEXP,GROCAP,INFLA,POPGR$
>
> NAMELIST; F1=ONE,HCI$
>
> NAMELIST; F2=LEYR$
>
> NAMELIST; X=X1,X2$
>
> NAMELIST; F=F1,F2$
>
> NAMELIST; EXOG=X1,F1$
>
> NAMELIST; ALL=X1,X2,F1,F2$
>
> CALC; KX1=COL(X1); KX2=COL(X2);KF1=COL(F1);KF2=COL(F2)$
>
> REGRESS; LHS=LLRGDP; RHS=ALL
>
> ;START=KX1,KX2,KF1,KF2
>
> ;PDS = 9
>
> ;PANEL
>
> ;DPD$
>

> Error    636: You have too many instruments (moment conditions).
>

> --
> Kalyan Chakraborty, PhD
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics