[Limdep Nlogit List] LCRPLOGIT question

Kolady, Deepthi Elizabeth P deepthi.kolady at okstate.edu
Sat Nov 25 07:23:56 AEDT 2023

Hello Professor Greene,

I am interested in examining how climate change perceptions and adverse weather experiences influence farmers' willingness to accept(WTA) carbon payments. I have discrete choice data to estimate WTA estimates. However, I would like to classify farmers into latent classes based on climate change perception and adverse weather experience and then estimate utility preferences and WTA per class.

My first question is can I use LCRPLOGIT command to do it one step instead of doing it separately (i.e. form classes and then estimate). I am thinking of the following command

LCRPLOGIT ; Lhs = dependent variable

; Choices = the names of the J alternatives

; Rhs = list of choice specific attributes

; Rh2 = list of choice invariant individual characteristics

; Fcn = definition of the random parameters part

; Pts = the number of classes $

My second question is what is Rh2?  I assume it is the latent class determinants (i.e. climate change perception, adverse weather experience etc).

Thanks,
Deepthi